Dr. Citrin has training in osteopathic medicine and specializes in treating sports and occupational injuries using alternative orthopedic methods, with successful results.
Some of these methods include Osteopathic Manipulative Therapy, Active Release Therapy, and PRP –Platelet Rich Plasma!
PRP –Platelet Rich Plasma
PRP is a revolutionary regenerative medicine procedure in which a substance derived from patients own blood is used to speed the healing and alleviate pain caused by a variety of musculoskeletal issues
The Physiological Effects of PRP Injections Include:
- Increase tissue regeneration (tendon, ligament, soft tissue)
- Decrease inflammation
- Decrease pain
- Increase collagen (a base component of connective tissue)
- Increase bone density and repair
- Increase angiogenesis (development of new blood cells)
Common Conditions Treated By PRP
- Joint Pain & Injuries
- Muscle Strains & Tears
- Nerve Injuries and Entrapment
- Hair Loss